Worried about the effects of COVID 19 and your chickens?
At this time, we are still delivering your chickens nationwide, we plan to continue to offer delivery for our customers through this difficult time. We are an online pet store and are allowed to remain open during the shut down, online sales and deliveries are allowed to continue as normal.
We will begin Nationwide deliveries as of the 1st week of April, we will be on contact with anyone prior who has made a pre order.
Biosecurity is the most important line of defence that each breeder, hatchery and poultry owner have against diseases. At Pipinchick Poultry, we are committed to providing the highest quality and healthiest birds for our customers. This commitment to excellence is what has kept Pipinchick Poultry an industry leader in providing stunning pet chickens for your homes and gardens.
We have very stringent biosecurity procedures at Pipinchick Poultry and as such we cannot allow any farm visits at this time. We will, however, be able to offer local collection points and nationwide delivery.
To reassure you.
· There is no evidence that COVID-19 can affect poultry this includes eggs.
· Human-to-human contact is the main route of COVID-19 transmission.
· Coronaviruses (CoVs) are a large group of viruses which continuously circulate in mammals and birds. The major CoVs in poultry, infectious bronchitis viruses (IBVs) belong to the genus gammacoronavirus which is different from beta-CoVs that infect humans including the current COVID-19.
· There is no evidence of transmission of poultry coronaviruses* to humans or other mammals
· There is no evidence of human coronavirus transmission to poultry.
As a general precaution, it is important to remember to:
· Wash your hands — especially before and after handling poultry.
· Practice good biosecurity at home, and when handling your flock by regularly disinfect tools and other surfaces.